Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I've let life kick me in the teeth.
Forgot who I was
Forgot what I stand for
Forgot that I am not a little bitch.

I know what I am.
I can't imagine how I've managed to get myself to believe I am anything less.

I despise envy.
It's the only force that can alter my path.
I will no longer let it get the best of me.

Somehow during not having a job, and having this job, and that last thing I was doing, and getting married, and everything in between...I lost my it.
Not my mind...well, maybe...but that feeling I had.
Like walking like I don't care...
Because I don't.

Age is tricky. The older I get the easier it is to slip into a second skin.

I am still the person I thought I had lost.

If only I can keep me.

No comments:

Post a Comment